Restorative dentistry offers a range of restorative materials to rebuild and protect the dental structure from any damage. One way to protect and restore the teeth is by applying a dental crown. Here at Painless Dentistry, we offer dental crown service to attach a protective layer to the teeth providing the patient healthy and damage-free teeth.
What is a Dental Crown
Dental Crown is a cap-like material that acts as a restorative or protective layer from decay and damage caused by plaques and bacteria. Dental crowns are used to mask teeth imperfections such as stains, breaks, or fractures.
For damaged teeth, Crowns act as a restorative material by covering the cleaned tooth to prevent the damage from spreading and rebuild teeth structure and function. Dental crowns are made from different types of materials such as gold, acrylic, metal alloys, ceramic, or porcelain. The most common kind of dental crown used is the Porcelain crown since it mimics the teeth color making it appear natural and aesthetically pleasing.
Uses Dental Crowns?
- Protect teeth from any from damage caused by acids or decay
- Restore teeth structure
- To support Dental Bridge
- Cover the tooth that has had root canal procedure
- Protect a weak tooth from damage
- Restore Teeth Shape and Color
Tips on How to care for your Dental Crown
- Avoid chewy food since it increases the risk of pulling off of a dental crown.
- Maintain strong oral practice
- Avoid chewing hard foods that will possibly break the cemented crown
- Have a routine checkup and professional cleaning with the dentist
- Avoid grinding, clenching, and nail-biting
How long does the Dental Crown Last?
Dental crowns are durable that it lasts up to 15 years with proper dental care.
Dental Crowns are essential in protecting the teeth and restoring its function. If you are at high risk of developing teeth damage or if you already have one, visit your dentist to have your teeth restored and protected by applying Dental Crowns.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us at (248) 487-9550 to know more about Dental Crowns in Highland, or to schedule your appointment with Painless Dentistry.