How long do the porcelain crowns last?
- In most cases, porcelain crowns can last for about a decade. Or sometimes 2, if care and appropriate measures are taken seriously. Many dental practitioners have also seen cases of porcelain crown being surviving for about more than two decades. But according to studies, porcelain crowns should stay typically fine for a minimum of 5 years. Only then your insurance companies are going to reimburse you for your porcelain crown replacements if something were to go wrong. A major ratio of people have agreed to the fact that once fixed, their porcelain crowns have lasted for almost 10 years in one go, there have been a certain number of people stating that their crowns have lasted for about 15 years and a very minute ratio of people stating that their porcelain crowns lasted for more than two decades.
How to make sure that your porcelain crowns survive for a very long time?
- To make sure that your porcelain crowns are durable and sturdy for a long time, you must:
- Don’t bite your nail, on the ice, or open any beer bottle caps, emails, and packages and things like these with the help of your teeth.
- Don’t clench or grind your teeth. Take the help of night guards after consulting your dental care provider and save your porcelain crowns.
- Always brush twice a day, floss once in the night before you go to bed, and rinse your mouth with mouthwash to make sure your dental aesthetics are healthy.
- Always get your teeth, and your crowns checked through the regular dental check-ups, at least two times a year.
Even if the porcelain crowns are known to be sturdy, strong, and durable, their material is not easily breakable. However, due to various reasons the lifespan of your porcelain crowns could be affected and shortened. The amount of stress your crowns are exposed to and the type of oral hygiene habits that you possess are the biggest contributing factors that could make or break your porcelain crowns.
Visit our clinic if you are interested in getting to know more about porcelain crowns, and their treatment options. Visit and trust the best dentist in Highland, MI. Call us- (248) 487-9550. Or visit us- 2287 S Milford Rd Highland, MI 48357.